General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System (THIEME Atlas of Anatomy), Latin Nomenclature
Remarkable atlas provides exceptionally detailed, clinically relevant anatomic knowledge!
Thieme Atlas of Anatomy: General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System, Third Edition, Latin Nomenclature,by renowned educators Michael Schuenke, Erik Schulte, and Udo Schumacher, along with consulting editors Nathan Johnson and Hugo Zeberg, expands on the award-winning prior editions with updated spreads and added information on joints, muscle actions, and functional muscle groups. Organized by region, the book begins with an introduction on basic human embryology and development and an overview of the human body. Subsequent general anatomy chapters explore surface anatomy, the bones, joints, muscles, vessels, lymphatic system and glands, and general neuroanatomy. The next section delineates the trunk wall, functional musculature, and the neurovascular system, while the last two sections are dedicated to the upper limb and lower limb.
- Labels and anatomic terminology are in Latin nomenclature
- Nearly 2,100 images including extraordinarily realistic illustrations by Markus Voll and Karl Wesker, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, diagrams, tables, and descriptive text provide an unparalleled wealth of information about muscle structure and bones
- Musculoskeletal, vascular, and nervous system structures are presented systematically first, then topographically, thereby supporting classroom learning and active laboratory dissection
- Emphasizes important relationships between anatomic structure and function in addition to introducing clinical applications, providing knowledge trainees can apply in practice
- Online images with ”labels-on and labels-off” capability are ideal for review and self-testing
This visually stunning atlas is a must have for medical, allied health, and physical therapy students, instructors, and practicing physical and massage therapists. It is also a wonderful anatomic reference for professional artists and illustrators.