Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System 3rd edition
With its focus on the normal and abnormal mechanical interactions between the muscles and joints of the body, Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition provides a foundation for the practice of physical rehabilitation. This comprehensive, research-based core text presents kinesiology as it relates to physical rehabilitation in a clinically relevant and accessible manner. It provides students and clinicians with the language of human movement — and acts as a bridge between basic science and clinical management. Full-color anatomic and kinesiologic illustrations clearly demonstrate the anatomy, functional movement, and biomechanical principles underlying movement; and dynamic new video clips help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
- More than 900 high-quality illustrations provide you with the visual accompaniments you need to comprehend the material.
- Clinical Connections boxes at the end of each chapter in Sections II through IV highlight or expand upon a particular clinical concept associated with the kinesiology covered in the chapter.
- Special Focus boxes interspersed throughout the text provide numerous clinical examples that demonstrate why kinesiologic information is needed.
- Critical thinking questions challenge you to review or reinforce the main concepts contained within each chapter.
- Evidence-based approach emphasizes the importance of research in physical therapy decision-making.
- Evolve site for students comes with video clips, answers to study questions, and references linked to Medline.
- Evolve site for instructors includes an image collection from the text, teaching tips, and lab activities.
- NEW! Kinesiology of Running chapter covers the biomechanics of running.
- NEW! Video clips help you interpret new concepts with visual demonstration.
- NEW! All-new content on the pelvic floor.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated references emphasize the evidence-based presentation of information in the text.
- NEW! QR codes linked to videos for easy viewing on mobile devices.
- NEW! Pageburst enhanced edition allows you to access multimedia content from the eBook without going to another website.
Author: Donald A. Neumann, PhD, PT, FAPTA, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Exercise Science, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
Page Count: 784