Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
Now entering its 40th anniversary, the fifth edition of Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology has been thoroughly overhauled, updated and augmented to meet the needs of dental students worldwide. Now available with new pedagogic features and an enhanced illustration program, Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology 5th edition also comes with a free online program containing a wide selection of MCQs and additional learning exercises to allow readers to test and reinforce their knowledge.
- Written by dentists for dentists – authors who know exactly what students need for safe clinical practice!
- Contains full coverage of topics such as tooth eruption, tooth support, the effects of aging on teeth and associated soft tissues, periodontal regeneration, and the use of isotope analysis
- Includes sectional anatomy and functional anatomy (covering mastication, swallowing, speech, taste and olfaction, thermoreception)
- Many chapters include Clinical Considerations which explore associated pathological findings as well as other topics of consideration such as the use of local anaesthesia, temporomandibular joint disorders and malocclusion
- Explores bone structure and remodelling – including potential bone atrophy following tooth extraction, its relevance to orthodontic treatment and implantology, trauma and malignancy
- Rich with over 1300 images including schematic artworks, radiological images, electron-micrographs, cadaveric and clinical photographs, all specially selected to make learning and recall as easy as possible