Thieme Clinical Companions Dermatology
Dermatology, the first book in the new Thieme Clinical Companions series, presents the essential information on how to diagnose and treat the full range of dermatologic diseases.Compiled by expert physicians, this pocket guide describes the diagnostic approach and therapeutic options for a wide range of skin diseases. More than 300 full-color illustrations, diagrams, checklists, charts, and clinical tips illuminate all concepts and techniques described in the text. Basic aspects of skin biology and disease pathophysiology are also covered.To aid quick reference and review, the book is organized into the following color-coded sections:
- Introduction and Diagnosis: A concise overview of the biology and anatomy of the skin, followed by a step-by-step guide to the dermatologic evaluation.
- Dermatologic Diseases: Extensive coverage of skin and hair disorders, with illustrations and essential information for each, including pathogenesis, clinical features, diagnostic approach, differential diagnosis, therapy, and more.
- Therapy: Review of the current information on establishing a treatment plan, including topical, systemic, and radiation therapy, as well as operative dermatology, wound healing, and emergency treatment.
- Useful Appendices: Common systemic medications and commonly used compounding recipes
- Dermatologic Differential Diagnosis: Comprehensive charts (with numerous cross-references) designed to help the reader recognize and fully understand the patient’s signs and symptoms.
All dermatologists, residents, and trainees will benefit from keeping this compact portable guide on hand in the clinical setting.