Traumatology for the Physical Therapist
A key resource on traumatology written for physical therapists
This is a good book for clinicians looking for more information about the surgical management of fractures and, overall, it is a fine reference for practicing clinicians in acute care and orthopedics as well as ambitious students. — Doody’s Enterprises, Inc.
For physical therapists working in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and in private practice, knowledge of commonly seen traumatic and orthopedic injuries is essential to sound treatment planning. This book offers a focused, easy-to-use guide to general and specialized traumatology specifically geared to physical therapists and students. From types of injuries and resulting symptoms to diagnosis and treatment, the book brings a structure to treatment planning and greatly improves the communication between patient, physical therapist, and physician.
- Covers all relevant medical information for physical therapists, including general traumatology (wound healing, surgical infections, soft tissue injuries, and fractures), special traumatology (cranial, spinal, thoracic, and abdominal injuries), and multiple trauma and first aid
- Offers guidelines on the benefits, effects, and limitations of physical therapy across a wide range of injuries and conditions
- Supplies 326 full-color illustrations that clarify every concept
- Includes bulleted summaries at the end of each chapter, for an instant review of the material
- Provides quiz questions and a glossary of medical terms at the end of each section
- Shares the unique perspective of a practicing physician who also teaches physical therapy at a major international rehabilitation center
Providing a broad understanding of the pathologic basis of traumatic injuries and its effect on restoring function, this book is a key resource on formulating effective physical therapy strategies. Practicing physical therapists, occupational therapists, and physical therapy students will find it an invaluable learning and practice tool.